Never hear to much about pears do you. I love pears, they are quite sweet, delicious and very juicy Did you know that pears only have about 100 calories each and have no sodium, fat or cholesterol? That makes it just about perfect dosen’t it? Pears are also a great source for fiber and vitamins A, C and K! So why don’t we hear more about them for smoothies? Well here is a great one for you mixed with strawberries and oranges for a great breakfast smoothie as well as an afternoon pick up.
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseed (for that boost of Omega 3s)
- 1 orange, peeled of course
- 1 unpeeled pear, cored and cut into pieces
- 1 unpeeled apple, cored and cut into pieces
- 1/4 ice